Friday, August 5, 2011

Hanging Up the Tripod

Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. True wisdom of life is the elimination of nonessentials. -Lin Yutang (Chinese writer and inventor)

 Blouse: JCPenny, Tank: Old Navy, Bracelets: Charlotte Russe, Skirt: Thrifted, Shoes: Payless

Because I recognize the truth and importance of the above quote, this will be the last post on this blog. I have discovered there is much that is not getting done in my life and much that receives "a false transcendence...[and] are very much of this world" (The Four Loves, C.S. Lewis). The latter, unfortunately, includes this blog.


This blog has very much opened my eyes to new opportunities within my wardrobe and encouraged me to get dressed everyday, but as a new and ambitious mom, I realize that my goal to be a non-model fashion blogger will have to be put on hold. I never expected to start a style blog, and I never expected to end it so quickly.


 I am sad about this necessity, but it is the right thing to do.

Two real tragedies of this whole thing going down: (1) I still have so many ideas for the blog, and they will not happen in the near future. Sad. I was going to do a "Not a Model Because...I Am My Own Photographer; I Enjoy Eating; I Do My Own Hair/Make-Up." It was gonna be awesome! (2) I just made my little Rachel [bow] The Producer signature and I really love it!

Getting to share with and know you all better has been completely my pleasure, I have grown leaps and bounds and hope to continue to do so as my life and style matures and progresses. Thanks for playing with me and helping me develop my non-modeling ways!


I don't intend to abandon blogging altogether or to never post about style and fashion again, it will just be limited to my other blog wherein I talk about my family, myself, and The Super Model's open adoption. Please drop by and we can continue to share in each others' lives! God bless!

4 comments:

Sherri said...

It is sad but I understand. I just started blogging and it sure can take up a lot of time and takes a lot of work. And it is not the first priority. All the best!

sherri from SHERRI AMOUR

Meredith said...

good for you lady. :) i'm glad you enjoyed it while you were at it too!!

Emily Meyers said...

Hey there! I just added myself to your followers for support and wanted to invite you to come enter a fabulous MODCLOTH giveaway I'm having right now!!

Hope to see you there! Thanks so much!
Emily

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-time-again.html

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different page and thought I might check things out.

I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking over your web page repeatedly.

my homepage :: bathroom walls