Thursday, May 5, 2011

Not a Model Because...I'm Short

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I really do {heart} Geeks. The Stage Manager daylights as an Astrophysicist. Yeah, you read that right, but can you say it?

That's right. With my shoes off I am right around 61", or 5'1". Apparently, "The British Association of Model Agents (AMA) says that female models should be around...5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) tall." [source]

I thought it would be taller than that, but either way, I don't quite make it (understatement of forever).

My parents did try to stretch me out by pulling on my arms and legs in our kitchen growing up, but apparently it didn't do a whole lot...or maybe it did...

Ya know what really could have helped? Having parents who are taller than 5'4" and 5'5".

Them's the breaks I guess.

Here is one really inspirational fashion blog for people who are...travel-size!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

no problem! i'm short too. who cares! we'll just be backyard models;) thanks so much for joining m.m.w/s. too. welcome! welcome!
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Chelsea said...

Short= fun size. I have enjoyed your posts.

Rachel said...

I'm not complaining about my shortness, just drawing out a pertinent fact. We shorties gotta stick together!