Saturday, May 21, 2011

Not a Model Because...I'm an Awkward Poser

I decided to participate in the Bloggers Do It Better Prep Style Challenge. While I never really claimed to belong to any one "clique" (with an accompanying style) in high school, "Wanna-be Prep" may have been the most accurate. I was on the outer circles of many groups, which meant I wore whatever I wanted. Helpful for me, I think.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

The Lineup: Glasses-- Cardigan--T.J. Maxx, Blouse--JCPenny, Tie--The Stage Manager's Closet/JCPenny, Skirt--Thrifted/Old Navy, Shoes--Payless
Please ignore the crazy hair thing going on and focus on the fierce calf muscles I'm showing off! Thanks.

This look wasn't super hard, but I had a lot of fun trying a number of different combinations and coming up with something new. Might I say, I love my shoe choice, and in the future I plan on being a Shoeholic, when there is more money to spend in that department.  I really love the pop of color paired with all that gray in my shirt and shoes.

Might I also say, I'm terrible in front of the camera. Hence the rough pictures. And another reason I am not exactly model material. Not only am I a poser, but I'm also bad at it. Looks like the private sidewalk outside my front door will be my permanent runway. I'll take it!

PS My shoes cost $7...and the skirt was $3.99. Two words for you: Boo. Yah.

8 comments:

C. said...

Great outfit, nonetheless! I like the combination of tie and cardigan... it's sort of like taking all of the traditional office personalities and melding them together. Good job :)

Erica said...

I love this outfit! The tie and shoes totally make it. And posing for the camera is my LEAST favorite part of fashion blogging. Give it time, it will get less awkward. But just so you know, you don't look awkward at all!

North Meets South

Cait said...

I love the gray with the bright shirt and shoes and I love the little frill of the cardigan, it looks good next to the check of the tie :)

Still Blonde after all these YEARS said...

You may not THINK you are a model but you sure can put an outfit together. SHoes--Fab! Sweater--Great

Stick with girly...I think you have something!

I’d love it if you would stop by and see how a 45+ year old handles “Prep School”—you might find something to smile about anyway! See you there! http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2011/05/menswear-american-prep-outfits-modeled-by-women-over-45-bloggers-do-it-better/

We have $75 Dress GIveaway on our right hand sidebar. Win something for yourself

The Chief Blonde

Divina Joy said...

I can relate! Totally.

Following you now. Follow back?

http://amidsttheworld.blogspot.com

rmg53 said...

New follower here! I LOVE this! The ruffles and bright shoes are the perfect balance for the masculine tie/gray and blue color scheme. I'm definitely tucking this idea away for fall...

:o) Renée
http://namasterenee.blogspot.com

Modest Fashion Sense said...

Love the heels! What a great color :)

Sweet Momiji said...

Love those shoes!! Your whole outfit is so cute and I think your pics look great! (I feel very awkward taking pics too..)
Have a great day!
Hollie